Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Six Moves...six things learned.

Six moves. Five different states...well, six if you count South Georgia to North Georgia. Twelve years. One family.
As we begin the countdown for move number six, I started thinking about what I have learned over the years about moving.
6~It was easier when I could take my kids with me.
5~They pack everything, so empty all trash cans.
4~The more stuff I have, the longer it takes.
3~Not all moving crews are created equal.
2~Some boxes never get unpacked.
1~God is always in the timing.
This final lesson has been one of the hardest to learn, but most valuable. Sometimes God pauses so I learn patience or of His provision. Other times He performs at head-spinning speeds and I learn of His power and precise placement of particulars. Above all, whether at a snail's pace or hyper speed, I have learned that I can trust Him as the creator and keeper of time.
A lesson I treasure and plan to pack for every move He requires of me.






No comments: