Friday, May 14, 2010

Master Craftsman



A few months ago I told you about my antique rocking chair.  The one I sat on and broke.  Yeah, that one.  Well, yesterday my family presented it to me as a Mother's Day gift.  Restored.  Whole.  Stable. Beautiful.

When it broke, I didn't know how to fix it.  To me it appeared beyond repair.  Unable to bear throwing it in the trash, I stored the broken pieces in the attic.

But my husband had another idea.  He took the chair to a craftsman for repair.  And in the hands of a master, my shattered chair was restored to its former beauty and is even stronger than it was before the crash.

God does the same with our personal disasters.  What may appear beyond repair to the human eye, is a miracle waiting to happen in the hands of the Master.  Romans 8:28 says "God causes all things to work together for good."  In the Revelation 21:5 He says "I am making all things new."

Notice that both of these say "ALL THINGS".  So don't even think for a minute that He can't fix the mess you have created in your own life.  I've created a few messes in my life, but I am not without hope. 

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

Yes, my God is all that!










No comments: