Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Major Marker: Alone with God

After six days Jesus took
Peter, James and John
with him and led them up a high mountain,
where they were all alone.
There he was transfigured before them.
Mark 9:2 NIV
Then Jesus went with them
to a garden called Gethsemane
and told his disciples,
"Stay here while I go over there and pray."
Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee...
Matthew 26:36 MSG
If for one second you have ever been tempted to think that living life with Christ would be boring...well, I'm here to tell you that you are flat out WRONG.
OK, so I went to Coastal Georgia. Saw the ocean. Cast my sins to the ocean floor and haven't the slightest desire to jump in after them. Not to say there aren't times the thought crosses my mind. But that's where it ends. I've seen the power of the ocean and a few of the creatures in the sea and have decided I like staying on the beach!!
But then God said to pack my bags...and suggested I'd need a world atlas for this next jaunt. That's right. I lived the next year out of a suitcase. It took me north to Atlanta, and further still north to Michigan. If that were not enough, we then traveled west to get to the Far East.
From famine of biological family and feasting with spiritual siblings, He took me further still for some one-on-one time with the Father and the Word.
The Word became flesh
and made his dwelling among us.
We have seen his glory,
the glory of the One and Only,
who came from the Father,
full of grace and truth.
John 1:14 NIV

No comments: