Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Iris

It all started when a friend showed me her mother/daughter
tattoo. I knew that if my daughter ever suggested that we get mother/daughter tattoos, that I would get inked for her. Well, she asked, and we did. We have matching purple iris tattoos.


Why an iris? We tend to move around a lot...can't seem to stay put for too long at a time. One of my daughter's memories about all of those relocations is that with each move we would dig up a few iris bulbs passed down from my maternal grandmother. We would carefully dig up the bulbs and when we arrived in our new location, we would begin putting down our roots by planting our iris.


She recently moved into a new place. Springtime cries out for new beginnings and new growth, so we traveled together to a garden center and purchased purple iris to plant on either side of her porch steps. All who enter are greeted by their purple petals...new beginnings rooted deeply in memorable traditions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I happen to love your blogs. As a matter of fact...I love you...MB